The CASA CUP is a new initiative that aims to foster a sense of community and increase student engagement. Participating JMSB students will be placed into one of five different Houses, made up of a mix of students in different majors and years and led by House Heads. This is your chance to meet new people and participate in a competition to gain points to win prizes by attending FREE events and completing bi-weekly challenges.
Earn points on an individual basis to win prizes from the CASA Cooler! Points will also be tracked for each House. Stay tuned for more information about the GRAND PRIZE at the end of the year!
How to gain points?
• Attend eligible Subsidiary events during Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 semesters.
• Complete bi-weekly challenges with your Housemates.
Once registered, participants will be placed into a House. Private Facebook groups will be set up for each House to facilitate communication.
Once a month, the CASA Cooler will be unlocked for 24 hours. Use the individual points you’ve earned by attending events and completing challenges to purchase prizes. These prizes will be limited in quantity and change every month. Once the cooler is emptied or the 24 hours runs out, the cooler will lock itself until the following month. The first CASA Cooler will open on Saturday, Oct 10 at midnight.
All events from which attendance points can be collected will be FREE to attend. The number of points awarded will be based on the type of event. The point distribution will be clearly indicated prior to the event. All of CASA’s subsidiaries will be hosting events that are a part of the CASA Cup. The following types of subsidiary events will be included in the CASA Cup:
• Meet & Greets
Registration is currently closed. If you registered via the CASA CUP Facebook event page between Sept 8th-13th, you have already been placed into a House and you should have received an email on Sept 15th with a link to join your House's Facebook group.
Attendance will be taken at the beginning and end of an event by the subsidiary hosting the event. To earn points, you need to stay during the entire event.
• If for any reason, you cannot attend the whole time, please contact the Subsidiary before the beginning of the event.
• In order to earn points, you will also need to have your camera turned on in order for the host subsidiary to see that you are truly present and paying attention!
IMPORTANT: When attending events, please make your name on Zoom matches your real name! This will help us when taking attendance so we can identify you and give you your points.
Points will be allocated as following:
• Workshops/Panels/Conferences: 100 points
• Volunteering: 50 points/hour
• CASA X 7-8s or 5-8s: 50 points
• First Year Rep Application* (any Sub): 25 points/application
*must be a serious application
• Meet & Greet / Networking events: 50 points
• Bi-Weekly Challenges: Points will be announced with each challenge
You will have 2 weeks to complete each challenge. Challenge instructions, number of points it is worth and its deadline will be posted on this website and on the CASA Cup Facebook Page.
The following FREE events are included in the CASA CUP. Earn points by attending & participating!
Keep checking back for more upcoming events.
Send us an email and we will get back to you.